Emergency iTunes help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by scalingwallofso, Oct 27, 2011.

1. scalingwallofso macrumors newbie

I had specified a location for iTunes to place the music from a huge stack of CDs I wanted on my hard drive. This morning I accidentally deleted the whole lot from the iTunes window. The songs can be restored, from the trash, but all the album folders it created and organized are gone. Is there some kind of restoring I can do so that I don't have to re-inport the entire stack of CDs, or spend hours listening to every single song and placing it in each album folder?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The only way is, if you have a back up. Not to belabor a point but apple makes backing up your system so easy with Time Machine.

Sorry about dealing with this and needing to rebuild your iTunes library :(

3. scalingwallofso thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I've found that if I restore the individual songs that were in the trash, when I click on them to activate in iTunes they are restored in the album folders. The only exception is all the self-made compilations that had no iTunes match. They were labeled as Unknown Artist and then I named the album folder what it should be. All of these songs seem to be gone, not even in the trash. Curious.