Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
Hopefully someone can help me find a solution here.

The emergency menu on the Apple Watch is dumb as hell, mainly the activation method. Every time I’m lifting and do some sort of pressing exercise, the menu is activated. It requires further action but the vibration every time it’s activated is a distraction.

I’ve dug through the menus and haven’t been able to change it. I’ve swapped the orientation so the crown/button are away from my hand but that only helped a little. I’d love a way to be able to just deactivate any holding method of activation.

Thanks in advance.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
^^This.
I assume you are wearing gloves?
If u assume you are wearing your watch on the left arm with the dial/side button towards your fingers, rotate the watch so that the dial points towards your elbow…

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
If you disable the auto-dialing feature in the iPhone Watch app, then the water lock feature will lock also the SOS function. I always have the water lock on when exercising to avoid accidentally activating things on the watch.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
Did you try and disable "Hold Side Button to Dial" from the Emergency SOS menu?

If you disable the auto-dialing feature in the iPhone Watch app, then the water lock feature will lock also the SOS function. I always have the water lock on when exercising to avoid accidentally activating things on the watch.
Yep, already deactivated. Menu still comes up.

^^This.
I assume you are wearing gloves?
If u assume you are wearing your watch on the left arm with the dial/side button towards your fingers, rotate the watch so that the dial points towards your elbow…

Finish reading please. Also, no gloves.

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
Are you wearing it below the wrist bone as recommended? If it’s choked up on your wrist then your hand bent back may activate it during pushups, etc.

1slswus.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.