Emergency Party

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ViPhone, Aug 12, 2011.

1. ViPhone macrumors 6502

So, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but frankly I cannot find one better and I'm sure you can stretch the subject mater to relate somehow.

I will be moving into an apartment in one year's time, going into my third year of college, so I have a lot of time to plan this and work on it. It's a really fun project, and I think you'll find the idea entertaining.

I want to build a mini-bar, a good sized one, that will serve as the wired "hub" of the apartment which is composed of three distinct rooms. I want to come up with a way to control the lighting and several speakers from a control panel wired into the bar itself. And this seems like a good place to start for me:

http://www.plasma2002.com/epb/

I'm not very familiar with x10 or Insteon technology, and ultimately, I would like to be able to activate all of these controls using an iPhone(s) or even an iPad embedded in the mini-bar.

Let me know if you have any suggestions, comments, or advice, below.

Thank you.:D

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This might be a better place, otherwise another forum that's specific to your question (but I'm pretty the iPhone forum is not it).

Apple TV and Home Theater
    http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100

3. ViPhone thread starter macrumors 6502

Possibly. It doesn't really fit under any category and I'm trying to get it noticed so I can get some help with this haha.

I'll try moving the topic in the morning when there are more sane people awake (unlike myself).

4. StvenH90 macrumors regular

I am not a party type of person and if I am in the mood to party, I got a club (trash that place, not mine). But I have to admit, thats pretty bad ass.

5. ViPhone thread starter macrumors 6502

It is pretty awesome.

We're thinking pet shark too, but that's a different story :D.