Emigrating with Apple Care for MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jenko, May 11, 2012.

1. Jenko macrumors regular

Hi guys I am moving to Australia in June and was wondering will my apple care cover me over there as I got it in Ireland?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

4. Jenko thread starter macrumors regular

5. SoIsays macrumors regular

I'd read your AppleCare agreement. You don't know if the Government of Ireland requires warranties sold in that country to be only applicable in that country. Just like how the state of Florida in the US has a crazy law regarding warranties.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Applecare for Macs is worldwide. It does not matter what country you purchase it in.

7. Killerbob macrumors 6502a

I have bought Apple HW in Switzerland, which I had AppleCare on in Denmark. US bought HW which I had fixed in Switzerland and in Denmark, and finally HW from the Phillippines, which I had fixed in Denmark as well.

The only issue I have experienced was with a Swiss service provider who had to be ordered by Apple to replace a US bought TimeCapsule. There supposedly is a difference in the WiFi component, and as he didn't have a US model, hence he couldn't replace like-for-like. I got a European model instead though. I was in the store when Apple talked to the guy over thephone, and the look on his face was priceless when he was ordered to accept the US TC and give me a new one. He stormed out and someone else had to finish the service call.