Emoji App responsible for my 3G issues... wow.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bbplayer5, Jul 2, 2010.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Was having MAJOR 3G issues with my iPhone 4. Couldnt get anything to download, complete and total data loss etc... Would format my Phone and use it for a while with no issues whatsoever. As soon as I would install and enable emoji from the app store my 3G would degrade to nothing. Each and every time I would format and then install this, it would go nuts.

So basically I am wondering how something like this could effect my 3G performance?!!

Its called Emoji Free!

2. Evgenyy macrumors regular

Hi,

I also have a problem with 3g and have installed emoji free. Haven't tried wiping the phone yet but have you restored it recently and used the phone for a period of time without any issues? I don't want to restore it if this is not confirmed (or should I say CONFIRMED?) :p

3. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

I confirmed it 3 times. I did a recovery mode restore (hold the home button down when your phone is off, plug it in (keep holding), and release when you see the iTunes logo.

3 times I did this and each time the 3G got messed up from Emoji Free!.

4. Evgenyy macrumors regular

So I take it you are now running iPhone without emoji and with perfect 3g? I will have to try that!

5. bkb1977 macrumors newbie

3G Issues with Emoji Free

I am having the same problem, and was on the phone all day yesterday with Tier 3 techs from Apple and AT&T. The last ditch effort they want me to do is to do a full restore.

Now that I think about it, I didn't have issues until I installed Emoji Free. I just deleted it and did a soft reset. The icon is gone, but Emoji is still there when I text....

Interesting....:confused: