Emoji icons, how do i enable

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by myemaildw, Dec 21, 2008.

1. myemaildw macrumors regular

How do i enable emoji icons? I tried installing emoji patch from Cydia but it gives me a source error when i hit install.
    SSHing and going into the com.apple.Preferences.plist doesn't seem to work either
    I opend the file with plist editor and ther's no KeyboardEmojiEverywhere entry that i could turn on by writing true
    Sending those 27 cards in my address book is not what i want either.

Please anybody help

2. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

A search would have found this thread. And you have to add the entry, it's not there by default. Others have even created a modified plist for you, also included in the aforementioned thread.

I tried adding these icons and found it to be a big so what. Almost no one I SMS could see them so they saw a small square. biteSMS has emoticons and if the recipient can't see the graphic, they at lease see the txt equivalent.

3. duffer macrumors regular

Try Cydia again in a few. This happens to me occasionally.

4. myemaildw thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys, just enabled Emoji! :D

Downloaded modified plist file here http://www.xsellize.com/showthread.php?t=11272

I am using emoji in my Calendar application and Notes, I write there a lot. Way to go Emoji :)

5. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

just wait till you start to send them in mails, thats where the fun begins :p