Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XcodeNewb

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
I submitted an app that allows you to use the emoticon keyboard but Apple just rejected it saying I am not allowed to do this.

How then are there 10 other apps out there that do this also. Is there a secret that we don't know about?

Anyone got any ideas?

JohnFa

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
Maybe they thought 10 apps were enough. Or, isn't emoji enabled from the start using 3.0 btw?
Why did you make an app that already exists though? Drives me crazy when you 30 apps that do the same thing to choose from in the Appstore.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
I submitted an app that allows you to use the emoticon keyboard but Apple just rejected it saying I am not allowed to do this.

How then are there 10 other apps out there that do this also. Is there a secret that we don't know about?

Anyone got any ideas?

They can't release updates to their apps because of this. Once Apple figured it out (or at least noticed it) they stopped letting them through, just never pulled the ones that are there.

XcodeNewb

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Check out XEmoji and Emoji icons. It was just released June 1st and June 13th. How is that possible then? I thought the same thing until I saw they have been updated recently.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Check out XEmoji and Emoji icons. It was just released June 1st and June 13th. How is that possible then? I thought the same thing until I saw they have been updated recently.

Ah, havn't been watching for emoji apps recently. I know typegenius was told that they wouldn't have any updates approved until they removed emoji.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.