Emojis are swapped

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tropicaleb, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Tropicaleb macrumors newbie

Hey guys, just a little annoying thing : I'm on iOS 8.3 jailbroken device, and I wanted to put iOS 9 emojis using bytafont and "emoji backup" tweak (I don't remember the exact name) anyway, I've installed and everything, but then it didn't work, I had "..." instead of the emojis, so I've delete the tweak, + respring of course. SO, now, my emoji are swapped, I mean, for instance, when I send a smiling emoji, it's sending the sad one, or when somebody send me the laughing emoji, I receive a heart, and this is for every emojis. I've deleted bytafont, + I removed the emoji from keyboard, I turned off and on iPhone, everything but nothing. So maybe you could help me, I don't know, I think that the code of emoji in the iPhone is disrupted, I don't know, really, I just hope you guys have a solution coz it's really annoying :p

Cheers and thanks.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Do you select a font in bytafont that replaces the default font?

Bytafont replaces the font files so it'll still work even if you uninstalled the app. You have to install bytafont and choose the default font again (you might need to download the default font files from cydia)

I don't use bytafont anymore so I can't say much about the tweak version which relies on cydia substrate and not font file replacing

3. ielessar macrumors regular

Remove and tweaks you installed in the process, remove Emoji from your keyboard settings, then hard reset.