Emoji's now available in iMessage in Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by sundog925, Oct 24, 2013.

1. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

Just a little heads up, now emojis are available in the iMessage app. Pretty cool!
    I don't think they were available in Mountain Lion.
    Nice considering they come standard in the iPhone too.
    Didn't see a posting about it yet so forgive me if this is a re-post!

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I thought I remember them there in ML as well, it was just buried and hard to get too before.

3. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

They were there, but if you went to Twitter.com or Instagram on your Mac and read any tweets or posts with emoji's you would just see blank squares on ML. Makes no sense you could write them, then not even see it on your own tweet. :confused: With Mavericks you can view them anywhere.

4. benji888 macrumors 68000

benji888

oh, I see, click on the smile face in Messages app and there they are...I was looking in System Preferences, Keyboard...Languages, etc., not finding it, :rolleyes:

Yeah, they were not there before, just a few smiley's, (which is why I didn't look there first) so this is new for Mavericks, nice to have since before we got just empty boxes for most emoji.

5. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Nice to know. I don't use instagram, FB, twitter, or more social media applications (have linked-in and that is it, got rid of the rest), so I always used and saw them in ML with messages. Nice to know it is more universal now. Wish they would bring them to Adium next.

6. jmh600cbr macrumors 6502a

jmh600cbr

it'd be great to have text to unix emoji across platform

example : ) should make a :) on iPhone and os x