Emoticons, Likes and Thanks!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Jaguarr40, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

I know I am new here but i am kind of surprised that there is not an Introduction Thread for new members to just say hello and let everyone else know what they are all about. I am really shocked at other forums I have been to and by no means please don't take this as a comparison but it seems like a good set of emoticons really means a lot to posters as it it does lend a bit of feeling in the proper places to the poster and helps to bring a bit more to the post.
    Lastly as I know that MacRumors is much different than other forums but "Likes" and "Thanks" are also another form of ending a conversation after it is read and keep track of it for the poster. It sorta tells everyone else reading it how they feel about the post they just read making the person feel a good sense of what others they have come to know feel about their contribution to an ongoing conversation and makes that person feel good and it becomes infectious. Anyway just a few thoughts on my part and with or without these things I have already taken a liking to the MacRumors Blog and of course the forums and will try and become a good member here and contribute as much as I can.

Thanks to all Mods and people behind the scenes that make this forum click. :) and i do mean everything I said and would love to know what everyone thinks?

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

There is this thread, which is stickied in the Community Discussion forum:

'Official' New Member Thread: Welcome

3. Jaguarr40 thread starter macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

I should have known and please excuse me for not looking around more just joining yesterday. It will take me a few weeks to get the lay of the land and hope i can be a good contributor. Thank you Sir for the link and nice to meet you dejo. :)

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

5. Jaguarr40, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014

Jaguarr40 thread starter macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

I did that first thing yesterday but will for sure read them both again. Hope I am not braking anything already...LOL Well i suppose I met my first Mod so nice to meet you again and I look forward to many posts and help when I can.

Dejo... Does this forum have a time out feature as i have noticed at work if I am logged in and have to stop to actually work :) I come back and have to log back in again??

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

yes, it does, when you sign in, be sure to have the remember me checked
    [​IMG]

7. Jaguarr40 thread starter macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

Thank you Mike for the info and I did send some of these in on a contact form so please excuse that now that I have these answers from you and dejo.
    So when I log in simply checking that box will keep me from being logged out and keep me logged in until I sign out?

Last question but i might as well learn the rules and regs now. Do you all have any issues with using Tapatalk Pro on my iPad?
    Thank you both again for all your time.

8. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I use it and it works okay with this forum. The app does crash once in a while though.