Employee discount plus student discount???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jadamcyk, Aug 6, 2008.

1. jadamcyk macrumors newbie

Hey everybody,

My roomate has his second interview today for a job at the apple store on Michigan Ave in Chicago and I am wondering if he gets the job, can he use his employee discount on a new Blackbook plus get the student discount?? and if so how much is the employee discount? any apple employees here?

It would be a massive deal but im just curious if its possible, thanks!:)

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

I highly doubt that you would get 2 discounts at the same time.

I had friends who worked at the apple store, I don't remember what the discount was, but there was a limit on how many systems you could buy with the employee discount in a certain time frame. so if he get's the job, and is planning on using the discount, you'll probably be stuck with using the student.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

May not be combined with any other offer.

Did you really thing Apple or any company allows offers to be combined?

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Offers stacking is a try-out sport at the olympics this year. :eek:

Seriously, you can stack some things there:
    For college (or uni) students (parents, and teachers too) who purchase a new Mac (Macbook, Macbook Pro, MacBook Air, or iMac) at the Apple Store for Education, several apple deals can be stacked:

* get up to 10% discount (...on your Mac purchase - typical Ed Store discount)
    * get a free 8G iPod touch or 8G iPod nano (...w/ purchase of a Mac. BTS promo - Ed Store discount)
    * get up to $100 off select printers (...w/ purchase of a Mac - apple store promo)
    * get up to 50% off Apple software (...w/ purchase of a Mac - Ed Store discount)
    * get $30 off your first year of MobileMe (...w/ purchase of a Mac. Apple Store promo)
    * get free engraving (...on iPods. Apple Store promo)
    * get free shipping (...on purchases over $50. Apple Store promo)

5. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

My girlfriend works at an Apple Store. They get one 25%, three 15%, and unlimited 10% per year. All of which will lower the item to a price below the student discount, but you aren't allowed to use both of them at the same time.