Employees with iPhone 3G's??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blaunerts, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Blaunerts macrumors regular

Blaunerts

Ok so what is the deal with the Apple/Att employees? Do you guys get any special discount or reserve? what if you working during the launch of the phone friday morning and you want to buy the phone?

Just curious...(I dont work at att nor apple)

2. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I dont work in the mobility side but as far as I know, no employee discounts other than the employee discounts.

We were able to get 10% off of iPhones for family and friends but with the new 3G, we havent heard anything.

3. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

Isn't the rules 1 per person in line. Unless the employees waited in life off the clock, then I think it's bad form to hoard such a high demand item from the customers. What if people in line knew the store got 100, and you are number 97 and when it's your turn you find they sold out and see several employees playing with their new iphone.

Nothing could stop them I guess, and it's not as bad say when the PS3 came out and employees would try to buy them to only sell on ebay for profit, while with the iPhone, due to the contract, that's less likely why the would buy it.

4. alerma Guest

i know that at&t mobility employees are not allowed to purchase an iphone until "demand decreases" and i would imagine apple would do the same for their employees (didn't they have to wait until late-july last year?)

5. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

there will be plenty to go around. if you don't get one at the first store, try another. or just wait 24 hours and catch the next batch. this is NOT going to be a wii type situation.

dude, i had a buddy buy 6 ps3's launch day. after all the trouble and paying the extra people he had in line, he only made enough profit to cover the ps3 he kept for himself. I remember there being so many on ebay that you could get one for retail no problem.

People who do things like that (including my buddy) deserve to get their asses bit every once and a while. trying to profit off of people who didn't make it to the front of the line. Its silly if the line is full of people who are betting on a shortage.

6. geeb macrumors regular

Whaaaa?

7. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

I think O2 employees get 30% off all pay monthly tariffs so I imagine that would cover the iPhone's contract too.