Employment with Apple doing repairs?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by freddyfingers, Aug 29, 2010.

1. freddyfingers macrumors member

I was wondering if anyone knew the job title for someone who does repairs on macbooks MBP's ect. I'm really good at repairing electronics and have fixed my own MPB plenty of times. Not they they break often but I had to replace the fans in mine upgrade the hard-drive, replace the super drive, currently waiting on a new screen bezel to arrive so I can replace my cracked one.

Anyhow I think that kind of work would be awesome just getting to work on MBP's and mac computers all day. So I tried to look into employment opportunities here http://www.apple.com/jobs/us/welcome.html but was wondering what that position would fall under category wise. My guess is "genuis bar"? Also does anyone know what the pay is? I'm a student right now so not expecting to make 50k a year. I have a job currently making $14hr however I dont really like it but who does like their job right? Anyway if apple pays close to that it might be worth it to apply and see if I can get in.

2. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

That would be the Genius position. It's quite the demanding job, and require you to be Full-Time.