Emptied trash MBA crashed (Mountain Lion)

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by alihaider, Nov 10, 2013.

1. alihaider, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013

alihaider macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am in quiet a fix here. Here is what happened.

I emptied the trash on my MBA (all locked and unlocked files) and the computer hung up. I restarted the system and was shown a white screen.

Following some help online, I was able to select a Wi-Fi network for online recovery. After the recovery completed I verified the disk, which came out to be OK. Then I attempted to reinstall Mac OS X, however, there was no HD shown in the list where I was supposed to select the HD for installation.

Has someone else gotten into a similar problem? Can someone help?

I have MBA 13 inch mid-2012 with Mountain Lion

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

[[ I emptied the trash on my MBA (all locked and unlocked files) and the computer hung up. I restarted the system and was shown a white screen. ]]

Sounds like you threw away something you weren't supposed to delete.

Just wondering -- by any chance was one of the files you trashed named "mach_kernel" ??

Something that popped up after running the 10.8.5 supplemental update?

3. alihaider thread starter macrumors newbie

Fishrrman

Thank you for your reply.

I do not remember if the file you mentioned was there. I did not delete any system file for it to be in the Trash Bin at the time I emptied it. It did ask me if I wanted to deleted the locked files as well and I said yes.

The firmware update that I received through app store did mention that I have a faulty SSD and Apple will replace it for free.

Do you think it is because my SSD might have burned?

All other updates ran fine.