Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lcronkite

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
After making search after search and browsing completely through several websites, I still cannot find a place where I can buy just EMPTY DV tape cases. These cases get dropped and banged around all the time and eventually a replacement is simply needed...

Problem is, I can't find ANYWHERE that sells them! Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-DH

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2006
Nashville Tennessee
After making search after search and browsing completely through several websites, I still cannot find a place where I can buy just EMPTY DV tape cases. These cases get dropped and banged around all the time and eventually a replacement is simply needed...

Problem is, I can't find ANYWHERE that sells them! Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't know of anyone that sells them either ... but I have to say, after using thousands of MiniDV, DV and DVCam tapes over the last 7 years, I've only had one case break. Sounds like you may just be clumsy or just not exercising due diligence in their care and handling.

-DH

lcronkite

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Empty DV Cases

I bought a bunch of used DV tapes for a project and about 100 of them were without cases.
That's why I need empty cases.

-DH

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2006
Nashville Tennessee
First it was
>> These cases get dropped and banged around all the time and eventually a replacement is simply needed<<

Now it's
>>I bought a bunch of used DV tapes for a project and about 100 of them were without cases. That's why I need empty cases.<<

Which one is it really?

-DH

lcronkite

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
What difference does it make?
I was looking for some help, not a ration of s***!

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Well... after browsing google for a few minutes I got nothing. Your best bet might be to contact a manufacturer of mini-dv tapes and see if they know where you can get some. Otherwise you might try some enclosed storage bins that hold mini-dv tapes.

zim

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2002
sounds suspicious to me... ;)

I did a quick google and came up with this. I am sure if you google some of their terminology you could find examples.

tomkirlin

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2009
Sorry, Edgewise doesn't have empty miniDV cases...Might want to do the research first before posting a goose chase...

I've actually been looking for the same thing...

My reason is, I have purchased a bunch of SONY DVCAM tapes but will be traveling through Thailand shooting a doco and would much rather lug the small cases as opposed to the big cases...

I've looked everywhere w/ no luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.