empty refurb store!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jrmontag, Apr 27, 2007.

1. jrmontag macrumors newbie

has anyone else noticed that there are no notebooks at the online refurb store? even the desktop listings are thin... perhaps this is the calm before the updates?

thoughts?

2. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

Might just have to wait until next Tuesday, that is when it's usually a big update.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

thoughts?

that there was an identical thread last week. and the week before. and the week before.

they don't refresh the online store daily.
    this has no bearing on updates. they're refurbs. more accurate would be shipping times changing on current regular stock.

4. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Amen. Why the hell do people have to post this thread EVERY SINGLE WEEK!?! It's annoying, and if you think about it for more than two seconds you'd realize, as I say every single time and as PlaceofDis already pointed out, that refurbs would have nothing to do with new products. If someone could explain to me the logic people are using when connecting "empty refurb store" with "new products soon", I'd love to know.

5. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

what's interesting to me is that the refurb store was stocked early saturday morning last week. it's unusual for the store to have stock on the weekend. but as it's already been said, this really means nothing in terms of new product releases.

7. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

No actually they melted them down but haven't figured out quite yet how to make them into iPhones...that is what is causing the delay on iPhones!!:D

I agree, this is a weekly thread...

maybe we need a new section at the top of the MacRumors page that is for Weekly threads!!

Then we could have all the favs...

"no refurb's, does that mean..." and

"MB or MBP?

"Should I buy now or wait" and ...

"my father wants a PC- how do I change his mind!" and

"Is .Mac worth it?" and

my personal fav "Is Apple Care really worth it?" :rolleyes:

that being said, I think most people that post those threads each week are the ones that are new to the fourm world...we all were at one point weren't we?!?! Maybe we can have newbies have a warning that comes up when they try and start a new thread that says..."please type your search item in this box first to find a similar thread on your topic before starting a new thread!"

8. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

That isn't so bad, the ones that really stoke me are stuff like "iMac or MBP?" or even better "MBP or Mac Pro?"

Wow... seriously people, get a clue before you post sometimes. If you don't even know how do you expect random people on a forum to tell you.

Might as well go around the city asking people for their opinions on what your sexual orientation should be, that'd be about as silly as a "MP or MBP" post.

9. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

No refurbs simply means that Macs are obviously selling really well these days! ;)

10. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Or it could actually mean Apple is making higher quality products these days!

11. JAT macrumors 603

Probably means there aren't as many returns and defectives. Must be a bad month for you, nothing to whine about.