Emptying data onto iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NWI73, Jul 30, 2010.

1. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I have read many threads about people dumping data, i.e. photos, videos onto iTunes to free up space on their iPhone. As stupid as this sounds, how is this done, easily?

I have some data I want to move from my phone to my PC and haven't found an easy way to do it other than browing to my phone then cutting/pasting to the PC.

2. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Pictures and videos are not moved into iTunes, but are imported to the PC via a photo handling software. For the PC, normally it is the camera and scanner wizard that will do that. These are the pictures and videos that are taken with the phone. They reside in the camera roll. Once you have imported them to the computer, you can delete them from the phone. That would free up space for you.

If you decide later you want any of them back on the phone, you would sync them with iTunes. The photos go into the Photo library, and the videos go into the video section of the iPod. Just remember, the synced versions of the pictures are of a reduced quality to save space.