Emptying the Trash?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CosmoPilot, Dec 6, 2010.

1. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

So, I have 9 spaces setup. When I go to empty the trash, the dialog box pops up asking me if I'm sure I want to empty the trash. Problem is, this dialog box pops up on my Finder Space (#1). If I'm not on that Space, I never see the dialog box until hours later.

Is there anyway to get the dialog box to pop up on the same spaces window I'm actually using to empty the trash with? In other words, if I'm on Space #5 (iPhoto) and empty the trash...the trash can goes away and I continue my work. Only when I go to my Finder Space (#1) do I see the dialog box sitting there waiting for my decision. Doesn't seem right to me???

I don't want to get rid of the message, because I like having the added security before my files are gone.

Thanks in advance,

Cosmo

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

If it wouldn't affect your workflow, I have always just set the Finder to be visible in every space (though currently it's not because I changed my setup and didn't get around to switching that back). Otherwise, there are ways to disable the dialog (which does of course bring other potential dangers).

jW