Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Press EDIT.

Tap empty circle next to email to be deleted.

Press DELETE ALL at bottom.

gotblah

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2009
So almost 2 years later to the day and this problem still gives me headaches!! Why oh why can't I DELETE ALL from my POP inbox like I can from my Trash? It just seems ridiculous that if I've already read my emails on my MAC that I have to tap on every email, 178 tonight, thats 179 taps just to clear a inbox! STEVE JOBS WTF?

declandio

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
So almost 2 years later to the day and this problem still gives me headaches!! Why oh why can't I DELETE ALL from my POP inbox like I can from my Trash? It just seems ridiculous that if I've already read my emails on my MAC that I have to tap on every email, 178 tonight, thats 179 taps just to clear a inbox! STEVE JOBS WTF?

Why don't you just delete them on your mac after you've read them if it's such a pain in the @ss for you?

gotblah

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2009
Deleting them on my Mac will not help me remove all the emails from my iphones inbox if the phone has already downloaded the messages from the server.

The whole point is that its amazing how such critical functionality that Apple has already implemented (Trash box can do this) isn't in place over the whole platform. The iphone feels like it lacks in so many SIMPLE tasks.

Its 2010 and you can't with a few taps delete all the emails in your inbox?

Can't stay with a phone and service thats not keeping up with the times any longer. Just one of a list of reasons I'm leaving AT&T for Verizon and Android.

declandio

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
Deleting them on my Mac will not help me remove all the emails from my iphones inbox if the phone has already downloaded the messages from the server.

The whole point is that its amazing how such critical functionality that Apple has already implemented (Trash box can do this) isn't in place over the whole platform. The iphone feels like it lacks in so many SIMPLE tasks.

Its 2010 and you can't with a few taps delete all the emails in your inbox?

Can't stay with a phone and service thats not keeping up with the times any longer. Just one of a list of reasons I'm leaving AT&T for Verizon and Android.

POP is not a very 21st century way of dealing with your inbox on multiple devices... anyway, have fun with your android

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.