Emulator help on Mac Mini HTC

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by HE15MAN, Feb 19, 2010.

1. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

I have recently setup a Mini in my living room, and saw that you could use the XBOX 360 wireless controller with the Mini for gaming.

I have a few questions

1. Is there any guides I can read to help set them up?
    2. What emulator work on the new Mini's ?
    3. Is there a large availability of games ?

I have downloaded Mame and Sixty Force so far, but haven't gotten into setup or anything yet. I would love to be able to play old Mario and such. Do they allow you to save your game play like a normal system?

Thanks a lot guys and gals!

2. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

3. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

1. There are threads about getting a 360 controller working on a mac. A MRoogle search (or even regular Google search) will point you in the right direction. I would recommend NOT using a 360 controller as they are rather uncomfortable. Since you mentioned a HTPC, I would recommend the Logitech wireless PS3 controller. It is a HID USB controller and should work with any OS it is plugged into.
    2. There are a number of emulators that work on Intel Macs. Here are a few examples:
      • NES: Nestopia
      • SNES: SNES9X
      • Genesis: Kega Fusion
      Again, a quick google search will reveal many more. I would stay away from Sixty Force as its rather outdated. Look for an emulator called zeroN64. Its a wrapper "port" of Project64 that works near flawlessly.
    3. You will have to find ROMs on your own. They are illegal to distribute (and to own depending on who you talk to). Again, google is your friend.