Emulators on the Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ZiggyPastorius, May 11, 2008.

1. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

So, are they any really good, like, SNES emulators or NES or whatever for jailbroken iPod touches? I think it's legal to have ROMs of games as long as you own a physical copy, but, either way, if anyone could point me in the direction of some good emulators for the iPod touch, it'd be appreciated. Thanks :)

2. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

They are all nothing compared to the real thing. I've uninstalled all of mine... They eat battery like nothing else. They're all under the 'games' section of the installer if you DO want them.

3. aki macrumors 6502a

...weeeell it really is based on what kind of game u want to play.....the emus are great for rpg and strat games and bit crazy for action or platform games.......the snes and nes emus are very fast tho no sound in snes right now.......psx4all is too slow but it will get faster one day........the gba emu which i use most is v compatible and ok speed but soso sound but its great for advance wars :D

4. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Do you have any recommendations specifically for what GBA emulator is good? and also how you get ROMs onto your touch?

5. shadowdude77 macrumors newbie

I believe there's only one GBA Emulator, but I could be wrong. You get ROMs onto your Touch by SSHing into it. Check the Mac Guides on the top of this forum's thread list for a Windows guide.