Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UhFive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Texas
I am trying to find an emulator app for an iPad Mini (or other iOS device), that supports the use of Bluetooth controllers such as the PS3, PS4, and Wii Pro remotes for the iPad Mini.
OR
I have an iPhone 5S literally taking up space on my nightstand now that I have an iPhone 6, so it would be cool to load up some emulators on there and use one of the MFi controllers to play games.
So does anyone know of an emulator that support either adding a bluetooth controller or the MFi controllers?

Google didn't really help much, but maybe I am just a bad "Googler"...?

dannyg86

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2014
RetroArch is the best emulator on iOS imho and it supports controllers (via the controllers for all tweak) and has emulators for multiple systems.

Check it out, its free too

UhFive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Texas
RetroArch is the best emulator on iOS imho and it supports controllers (via the controllers for all tweak) and has emulators for multiple systems.

Check it out, its free too

I have tried that and it recognizes the controller when I open RetroArch, but I start the ROM (Super Mario Kart) and it doesn't recognize any inputs from the controller.
Any advice?

dannyg86

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2014
I have tried that and it recognizes the controller when I open RetroArch, but I start the ROM (Super Mario Kart) and it doesn't recognize any inputs from the controller.
Any advice?

Did you configure the keys within Retro Arch's settings? I can try this out from scratch myself again soon... just stuck in a passcode induced (afaik) bootloop, so i'm having to restore and re-jailbreak.

As soon as i'm up and running again i'll let you know.

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Any advice?

For SNES use SNES 9x it'll work with iOS controllers and controllers for all. Retro arch you'll need to manually configure your controllers buttons.

dannyg86

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2014
For SNES use SNES 9x it'll work with iOS controllers and controllers for all. Retro arch you'll need to manually configure your controllers buttons.

Retro Arch includes the Snes 9x core, just fyi for anyone reading this comment ;)

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Retro Arch includes the Snes 9x core, just fyi for anyone reading this comment ;)

Well I mentioned SNES 9x as a separate app because you don't need to configure buttons within the app, just press any button and you're playing SMW with your controller in a second.

But yeah retro arch supports multiple platforms, a great all in one app.

dannyg86

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2014
Well I mentioned SNES 9x as a separate app because you don't need to configure buttons within the app, just press any button and you're playing SMW with your controller in a second.

But yeah retro arch supports multiple platforms, a great all in one app.

Interesting. Personally i prefer to set preferences in Retro Arch for each console (including button configs) and enjoy :>

I wonder if anyone has made an adapter to clip an iPhone to a Wii-Mote? Not the best controller for every console, but not bad for the 2D ones.

Or better yet, i wonder if there any any adapters or clips to enable mounting an iPhone on a ps3/4 controller or similar?

Ps: sorry for going off topic slightly

amorcito

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
Interesting. Personally i prefer to set preferences in Retro Arch for each console (including button configs) and enjoy :>

I wonder if anyone has made an adapter to clip an iPhone to a Wii-Mote? Not the best controller for every console, but not bad for the 2D ones.

Or better yet, i wonder if there any any adapters or clips to enable mounting an iPhone on a ps3/4 controller or similar?

Ps: sorry for going off topic slightly
Is Retro Arch ios 8.1 friendly?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.