eMusic not launching since 10.4.10

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whooleytoo, Jul 20, 2007.

1. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

The eMusic download manager - which has worked perfectly for me for some time now - is no longer launching on my G5 PowerMac; just hops once in the Dock and goes away, no errors in the Console.

I've tried downloading & reinstalling but no change. The only thing that's changed recently is I've done a Software Update to the latest versions of OSX and QuickTime. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have downloads due to expire which I can't download.. :eek:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you create a new user account, can it open there? I don't have eMusic so I can't be all that helpful, sorry. :eek:

3. Satch29 macrumors newbie

Satch29

Yes. I am having the same problem since I updated QuickTime 7.2. Any ideas?
    I've tried to update some fixes per MacFixIt. & Apple.com but to no avail. I'm also having trouble viewing any QT video since the update. Help.
    Can I uninstall QT 7.2 and reinstall QT 1.6? I am a Mac newbie with a new MPB that is 3 weeks old.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Reinstalling QuickTime without an Archive & Install is difficult because it's so deeply embedded in the system. :eek:

5. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

There is an option to turn off the download manager if you can't get it to work. I'm pretty sure if you have songs queued for dl even if they haven't finished they should be saved in your profile someplace for redownload. You can dl them from there manually. I haven't used eMusic in awhile so I'm not quite sure where the option to turn off the dl manager or the location your songs are saved.