Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jauhari

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Is it possible to ENABLE 3G ONLY Network on iPhone 4 Jailbreak? How to do that?

Like we all know, iOS on iPhone 4 only have featured Enabled Network (GPRS, EDGE and 3G) and one another checkbox to enable 3G data.

My Question is how to make my iPhone 4 only work on 3G Network? So when my location did't coverage 3G Network.. our Data Network will be disable.

Is it possible?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I remember that there is some file you change a setting in that forces the iPhone to only use the 3G network. This was on 3.X though and I don't remember the file or how to properly edit it.

Vidnez

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2008
You need to try a little harder.

My method is similar to that mentioned in post #4.
1) Install "iFile" from Cydia (you can find it under "Featured packages")
2) browse to /var/wireless/Library/Preferences/
3) Select csidata, and choose "text viewer"
4) Scroll to the bottom of the file and find GsmRegistrationModel::fRatSelection=0x1
5) Select "Edit"
6) Change:
TO: GsmRegistrationModel::fRatSelection=0x2
(FYI: 0x0(GSM/EDGE ONLY), 0x1(GSM/EDGE + 3G), 0x2(3G ONLY))
7) Reboot the phone.
You're done.

To return it to GSM+3G (normal.) Simply go in to iPhone Settings>General>Network. Select "Enable 3G" to "OFF" (wait a few seconds) then turn it back ON. This will reset "GsmRegistrationModel::fRatSelection=0x1" (normal again.)

Note, if you don't see the line "GsmRegistrationModel::fRatSelection=0x1" in the csidata file. Do the Settings>General>Network and toggle "enable 3G" off and back on. This will print the line to the settings file for you to go back and edit.

from http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1599196-Permanently-lock-iphone-to-3G

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Sorry for bumping an old thread.
I have iPhone 4S with iOS 7.0.4 and jailbroken. I wish to force 3G mode on my iPhone. But when i go to csidata file, i do not have any entry like...

GsmRegistrationModel::fRatSelection=

I did toggle 3G as mentioned in the above post here.
Any help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.