Enable automatic login for multiple accounts?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Aniej, May 22, 2008.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I am setting up an iMac for my family and was trying to enable automatic login so that each user account could just click their username without entering a password, but it seems that you can only enable automatic login for one user. Is it possible to set this up for multiple accounts, perhaps some sort of workaround?

2. heavymetal4god macrumors member

heavymetal4god

How can you auto login all the accounts together? You don't need a password on your log in although they recommend it. You can however turn on Fast User Switching which will show the user name in the upper right hand part of the menu bar.

3. matt90 macrumors member

If you just leave the password field blank when creating an account, then no password will be used for that account. Then, when you select the username in the login window, it will not ask for a password.

4. macman44 macrumors newbie

Automatic login is just where your account logs in when you switch the mac on, without even having to click your user name.

5. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Thanks for reading between the lines and interpreting what I was really trying to ask. Issue solved, thanks.