Enable Cydia shsh blob backup?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lavrishevo, Oct 26, 2010.

1. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

After updating to 4.1 via Pwnage Cydia is no longer displaying my blobs from I believe 3.2 onwards. Can't seem to find a way to reenable this feature. Am I missing something?

2. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

I was wondering this also. Cydia isn't reporting that it's backing up my SHSH blobbies.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

no once Apple stops Signing your option goes away. this is why the Dev-team is always yelling to save your shsh blobs just and new release comes out. like 4.1.1 though to be out soon. because a security issue. always save blobs if cydia and Tiny Umbrella say you don't have them then you are sol.

personally I save both Cydia and TU just to try to be safe.

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

The cydia home screen hasn't been displaying the shsh's you have on file for a couple weeks now, it seems to have gone crazy in the period of increased traffic following the limera1n and greenpois0n jailbreaks. Your blobs that have been saved by cydia are 99.99% likely to still be there, its just not displayed when you open cydia.

Always back up locally as well to be safe. shsh blobs are about 66 kb and there's no reason to not have them saved somewhere.