Enable/disable Wifi from the iPhone's home screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by St. Germain, Mar 12, 2008.

1. St. Germain macrumors 6502

Is there any hack or way to turn wifi on or off on the iPhone other than going into the Settings menu. I'd love a little button on the home screen that I can use to toggle wifi on or off.

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I wish there was a way to do this as well. It really is a pain to go into settings then connection or whateer and then toggle it on or off. Especially when you do it constantly through out the day.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I'm sure someone with the SDK will create a small application that will enable this functionality.

4. St. Germain thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep. If it wasn't such a battery drain, I'd just leave it on all the time obviously, but it's a real pain having it 3 "clicks" off the home page when I use it several times a day.

I'm surprised there isn't a "bookmarklet" or something that would allow you to do it from the home screen.

5. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Does it really save that much battery?
    I've never turned off WiFi and can consistently get the phone to last me two days on a charge without much worry. I think it's a bigger hassle to deal with turning it on and off all the time than it is to just charge it every night.

6. kepner macrumors 6502

I leave Wi-Fi on all the time and am more than happy with the battery life. I believe Wi-Fi turns itself off after a certain period of inactivity anyway.