Enable Express Checkout on Apple.com?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PTVMan, Sep 11, 2015.

1. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

I logged in to my account on Apple.com to make sure all my ducks are in a row for preordering tonight, but I can't find where to enable express checkout, not even when I click on edit for my payment/shipping information. Is express checkout no longer an option?

2. darknyt macrumors 6502a

I can't find it either in the app or online store. The slider or options is just not where any of the descriptions say it should be.

3. PTVMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

Looks like it's been removed. Using ApplePay is probably the closest alternative. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if ApplePay was a big motive for getting rid of it.

5. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Was Express checkout related to 1-click ordering which was patented by Amazon? Apple was paying Amazon to use that. Maybe they got tired of paying Amazon.

6. powerbook911, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015

powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yep, I think you're exactly right. They certainly paid Amazon for that. Apple Pay has replaced it, at least for the App. On the web, keyboard and mouse makes traditional checkout easy enough I guess.

7. darknyt macrumors 6502a

This makes sense - I got what might have been literally the stupidest apple support person I've ever dealt with. She kept conflating express checkout with express shipping and even when I sent her the link to her own website on it, she was clueless.

Maybe it was intentional and they have phased it out for apple pay.