Enable MMS on iPhone 2G

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
New York
Okay, I've been trying for ages and I'm at wit's end. I've tried whited00r and a few modifications from there, and that was a no go. I've also tried adding the smart-mobile repo which used to work evidently, but I can't seem to get it running.

I'm running a iPhone 2G with 3.1.3 on AT&T's network.

Is there something I missed? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you!

OnNightfall

macrumors regular
May 13, 2010
Okay, I've been trying for ages and I'm at wit's end. I've tried whited00r and a few modifications from there, and that was a no go. I've also tried adding the smart-mobile repo which used to work evidently, but I can't seem to get it running.

I'm running a iPhone 2G with 3.1.3 on AT&T's network.

Is there something I missed? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you!
Sorry I can't help with your problem but... ever considered upgrading your phone? The 3GS's are Free with contract now adays.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
The feature is blocked by AT&T on the original iphone.
Not much you can do about it, once their systems detects you're using a 2G it send you that link with the userID and password to enter to view it.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
A few years ago, I was able to get this to work but it was only temporary. I would be able to send a few MMS and ten minutes later, it would fail. It was like AT&Ts system did something to block it from working. Lots of other people had the same problems.

I finally sold my original iPhone because it's really not good for anything anymore. You can't go back and get the unlimited data plan since that's also been patched.

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
New York
A few years ago, I was able to get this to work but it was only temporary. I would be able to send a few MMS and ten minutes later, it would fail. It was like AT&Ts system did something to block it from working. Lots of other people had the same problems.

I finally sold my original iPhone because it's really not good for anything anymore. You can't go back and get the unlimited data plan since that's also been patched.
That's what I was afraid of. :( Fortunately, I still have the unlimited data plan though. Anyway, thanks everyone. :)

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
I remember when I had the original iPhone, the battery barely lasted a day. Are you even able to use that for more than an hour now?

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
New York
I remember when I had the original iPhone, the battery barely lasted a day. Are you even able to use that for more than an hour now?
I mean, I don't use constantly, but yes it still runs like a champ! :D

Might go get the battery replaced by Apple one of these days, but so far so good.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
I would like to know how to enable it too. So if you figure it out let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.