Enable MMS on iPhone 2G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pellets007, Jan 16, 2012.

1. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Okay, I've been trying for ages and I'm at wit's end. I've tried whited00r and a few modifications from there, and that was a no go. I've also tried adding the smart-mobile repo which used to work evidently, but I can't seem to get it running.

I'm running a iPhone 2G with 3.1.3 on AT&T's network.

Is there something I missed? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you!

2. OnNightfall macrumors regular

Sorry I can't help with your problem but... ever considered upgrading your phone? The 3GS's are Free with contract now adays.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The feature is blocked by AT&T on the original iphone.
    Not much you can do about it, once their systems detects you're using a 2G it send you that link with the userID and password to enter to view it.

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

A few years ago, I was able to get this to work but it was only temporary. I would be able to send a few MMS and ten minutes later, it would fail. It was like AT&Ts system did something to block it from working. Lots of other people had the same problems.

I finally sold my original iPhone because it's really not good for anything anymore. You can't go back and get the unlimited data plan since that's also been patched.

5. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

That's what I was afraid of. :( Fortunately, I still have the unlimited data plan though. Anyway, thanks everyone. :)

6. Kayan macrumors 6502

I remember when I had the original iPhone, the battery barely lasted a day. Are you even able to use that for more than an hour now?

7. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I mean, I don't use constantly, but yes it still runs like a champ! :D

Might go get the battery replaced by Apple one of these days, but so far so good.

8. iPhone4UK macrumors 6502

9. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I would like to know how to enable it too. So if you figure it out let me know.