Enable TRIM on OCZ Vertex 4 firmware 1.5?

palmirotheking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Hi guys...
Sorry if it could be the thousand simular question about the enabling of the TRIM on the OCZ Vertex 4. Since I read an article where is written that the firmware 1.5 enable the garbage collector to trashed files. So, my question is if I have to enable or not the TRIM with this firmware.
Please, help me because I am really confused on this.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
Hi guys...
Sorry if it could be the thousand simular question about the enabling of the TRIM on the OCZ Vertex 4. Since I read an article where is written that the firmware 1.5 enable the garbage collector to trashed files. So, my question is if I have to enable or not the TRIM with this firmware.
Please, help me because I am really confused on this.
I have it enabled on my brothers 2012 13" with Vertex 4, works great and no issues. Firmware is also 1.5 on his.

palmirotheking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
I have it enabled on my brothers 2012 13" with Vertex 4, works great and no issues. Firmware is also 1.5 on his.
Thx... Has your brother tried the SSD with the firmware 1.4? I am asking you this because I had a problem with this HD. When I usually put the mac in stand by, during the awakening I often got a freeze of it. Now with the firmware 1.5 this issue seems to be solved.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
Thx... Has your brother tried the SSD with the firmware 1.4? I am asking you this because I had a problem with this HD. When I usually put the mac in stand by, during the awakening I often got a freeze of it. Now with the firmware 1.5 this issue seems to be solved.

The drive came with 1.4, but I immediately updated it to 1.5. But he hasnt had any issues.