Enable wallpapers without Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Winter Charm, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Okay, so I'm one of those people that likes to circumvent the rules on a non jailbroken device.

Previously I found myself extremely annoyed that Apple didnt give everyone battery percentage when upgrading to 3.0 :mad:

Now, I'm annoyed about the background wallpaper. :mad: Why is something so insignificant not allowed. Multitasking makes sense due to lack of RAM... but why the hell dont we get to use wallpapers? :(

Anyways, my question to everyone is that if I jailbroke my iPt in OS4, and enable the wallpaper option (thru plist editing), could i sync my device again and keep the wallpaper optoins and such (I did the same thing with battery percentage and kept it, however, i'm very worried that i'll be unable to change or readjust the wallpaper once i set it, sync, and restore without jailbreaking again... )

Anyone have any idea about this?:confused:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The wallpaper setting isn't saved when backed up in iTunes like the battery percent is. Apple's reason for not enabling wallpapers (which I happen to agree with) is that the wallpaper make the CPU work harder to generate the pretty mirror and reflection effects used.

3. jreynolds323 macrumors newbie

And, I have a jailbroken iPod touch 2G MC version, the Wallpapers seem to run through the same API as the Multitasking so, even without Multitasking, it's slow and lagging. But if you turn off the Backgrounds and just have the Multitasking it's not slow at all.