Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
So I just got a nice wifi router from my ISP Telus. It's not an AEBS so naturally the Airplay icon disappears from iTunes etc.

Apart from setting up in bridge mode and connecting my AEBS to the modern from the ISP is there any other way to get Airplay?

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
So I just got a nice wifi router from my ISP Telus. It's not an AEBS so naturally the Airplay icon disappears from iTunes etc.

Apart from setting up in bridge mode and connecting my AEBS to the modern from the ISP is there any other way to get Airplay?

Airplay is not dependent on having an Apple router. There's something else going on - for whatever reason your devices can't talk to each other. Either they are connected to different networks, or there is a setting on your router (maybe something like 'client isolation') that is blocking them from seeing each other.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Yeah I would just verify that both devices are on the same network. Shouldn't even have to restart, a turn wifi off and back on on both devices should suffice.
Hopefully the options come back for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.