Enabling AirPort Disk Auto-Mounting in Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by WICKEDfour, Nov 1, 2007.

1. WICKEDfour macrumors newbie

Hi.

In Mac OS X 10.4.x, one could set one's AirPort Disk to re-mount itself upon connecting to the wireless network of the AirPort Extreme the disk was connected to. This was accomplished using a setting in the AirPort Disk Utility.

This application has disappeared in Leopard. As far as I know, there is no way to replicate this function currently. Has anyone else missed this or found its equivalent?

Thanks.
    – Joe

2. sachamun macrumors member

It seems as though the util is built right into finder, but I'm having the exact same problem. I'm actually glad that a few other people are though, as I would expect a software update fix sooner or later. Well, I would demand it really. Otherwise Apples Airport Extreme advertising pages could be considered completely false!

3. Stratification macrumors regular

I had the same issue, but I saw a suggestion from someone here to just re-install the utility from the Airport Extreme CD. Once I did that everything worked great again.

4. objecked macrumors newbie

yeah this suggestion came direct from apple support. I have the same problem, and for some reason I can't locate my original installer disk. I haven't been able to find a version that works on the apple site. so am I S.O.L.?:mad::confused::eek: