Enabling power/charging for iPod Touch in Win2K

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouchMyself, Jan 9, 2008.

1. iTouchMyself macrumors newbie

iTouchMyself

I tried searching for this, and know the 'official line', but I'm just curious if anyone has been able to get the iPTouch to charge under win2K, I thought JailBreaking it would help, but it hasn't (at least sofar, maybe I'm missing something).

Also, Please no "go with ABC-OS instead" this is non-destructive requirements for PCs I essentially 'borrow'.

If it's not possible, fine, just wanting to know what people have gleaned after 3 months in the wild, and I would like the option to recharge while away from my own PCs and not have to carry around the AC adapter.

Thanks for any info/help.

T.

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Not possible. Sorry

iPod touch requires the following:

Windows system requirements:

* PC with USB 2.0 port

* Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional with
    Service Pack 2 or later

* iTunes 7.4 or later

3. iTouchMyself thread starter macrumors newbie

iTouchMyself

Kinda annoying since I don't want to synch or use iTunes, I just want charging (ie Dumb USB power) option. :(

Oh, well, thanks for the reply!

4. tefleming macrumors 6502

Random idea: Have you tried a firewire cable? (Do you have one you can try?)

5. frojas macrumors newbie

I find it odd that you can't charge from Win2k. I've used the USB port on my Airport Extreme Base Station, and on my TiVo to charge my iPod Touch. At work I use a Window XP 64-bit with no iTunes installed to charge. Are you sure that the port is actually working?