enclosure

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Ignore this, thought the link I posted supported Sata but apparently it doesn't..my bad :(

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Ladybug said:
That doesn't support a SATA drive, from what I could tell. The OP's original post included a link to a SATA HD, and thus that enclosure wouldn't work.

To the OP: I've been doing the same search. What I've found is that the cheap FW/USB SATA enclosures have bad reviews, and the others are too expensive for me to justify. I've given up on the FW and that opened a lot more doors, but that's just me.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
xfiftyfour said:
That doesn't support a SATA drive, from what I could tell. The OP's original post included a link to a SATA HD, and thus that enclosure wouldn't work.
Thanks..I noticed that about 2 seconds after posting my first reply. :D

laidbackliam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
i think i may just go for a usb2.0 enclosure. hopefully i'll be able to boot up with it, i know you can use certain drives to do it with usb, but i was really hoping to just get a cheap usb/firewire enclosure. best of both worlds, you know.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
laidbackliam said:
i think i may just go for a usb2.0 enclosure. hopefully i'll be able to boot up with it, i know you can use certain drives to do it with usb, but i was really hoping to just get a cheap usb/firewire enclosure. best of both worlds, you know.
As far as I know, the new intels can boot from USB. The ppc macs can only boot from FW. It will be slower, but you should be good.