Encore for mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by anjinha, May 16, 2007.

1. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Here's my issue. We have a band in my college and we use Encore for composing songs. The thing is I don't have 400 bucks to spend on Encore for mac but I really didn't want to install Windows and use Encore for Windows (I'm proud of not having Microsoft on my mac).

So I wanted to know if there's any similar program to Encore that is cheaper/freeware/open source or if there are any thoughts as to what I should do.

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Encore is DVD authoring software. How do you use that for composing songs?

EDIT: Stupid me, I thought you were talking about Adobe Encore, didn't realize there's another app called Encore that is for writing music. I don't really have much advice in this area, other than to say look around, because I know there is a LOT of sheet music/music composition software for the Mac (Macs are very popular with musicians).

3. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

It all depends on how sophisticated a program you need. Finale makes a basic version of their program called Notepad that's $19.95. I don't know if it's powerful enough for what you need, but if you want something cheap, you're probably going to have to settle for something pretty bare-bones (unfortunately....I've had the same issues since switching)

4. anjinha thread starter macrumors 604

anjinha

Why does software have to be so expensive? :( I have the same problem with Photoshop and Ilustrator. I need them for school but I can't afford them so I can only work at school and sometimes there are no available computers.

Anyway, I'll look into similar programs.

Thanks.