Encore: "OSStatus Error = -5000" ???

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by idea_hamster, Oct 17, 2008.

1. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

Hey all,

Recently (due to circumstances beyond my control) I reluctantly switched from using DVD Studio Pro to Encore.

Now, when I try to build a project (to disc, image or folder), the process starts, goes through some quick initial steps, and then when it gets to building the navigation, I get "OSStatus Error = -5000" and then the whole process ends.

I'm running Leopard with all updates and CS3 Educational with all updates on a late 2006 (pre-Santa Rosa) MacBook (3GB RAM).

Anyone have any thoughts before I go from :confused: to :mad:?

2. idea_hamster thread starter macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

[OK, I know "bumping" your thread is a faux pas, but I was wondering whether
    (1) anyone who might have an idea was off doing something fun on Friday evening and
    (2) if someone could at least even explain what an OSStatus Error is -- what type of problem am I running into? :eek:]

3. Technoboy macrumors newbie

Access Denied

The error code is an access denied error. It means, in the exact words of Apple:
    "Insufficient access privileges for operation"

An OSStatus is something that Mac computer programmers use to represent errors as numbers, which is easier for a machine to handle. It should not be shown to the user though.

FYI, the way I found out about your error is by looking for a file called MacErrors.h on my computer and searching for -5000. I'm a Mac developer, so I don't know if normal Mac users have this file too. Either way, though, you can find macerrors.h online as well.