iPhone Encrypt apps on iOS7 + Camera roll folder syncing

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by hazel.fish, Feb 20, 2014.

1. hazel.fish macrumors newbie

hi guys,

I have 2 questions..

1-I was wondering if there are any apps to help me password other apps on my iPhone..

2- is it possible to sync photos from "camera roll" album to my mac through itunes?

thanks!

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

1 - Sure. Turn on restrictions and you can disable apps. You can enter a passcode to launch them.

2 - Not iTunes, but there is another utility called Image Capture that lets you copy your photos off. It is a very minimal tool; I use it for pulling videos off myself (and Aperture for photos).

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

A few things about restrictions--you can only do that related to some (generally stock Apple) apps or some content or actions within them. Furthermore, when you do it, it's not that you would enter a passcode/password to launch them, you would need to go back into restrictions to disable the restriction first before you could then launch those apps or see the restricted content or perform a restricted action.

4. hazel.fish thread starter macrumors newbie

Well..
    I've checked that option "restriction".. However, it seems not covering all apps.. Only very few selected APPLE apps only!

I was mainly looking for an external app..

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Can't really be done aside from essentially jailbreaking and using some tweak that would allow for that.

6. hazel.fish thread starter macrumors newbie

That's very very disappointing...
    But thanks for clearing that out..