Encrypted El Capitan Not Asking For Password When Waking From Sleep

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Traverse, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I have a newly restored system on OS X 10.11.4. File Vault 2 is enabled, but when I put my computer to sleep and wake it up within 5 minutes of sleep it is going straight to my desktop without asking for my password which is unacceptable.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 22, 2016 ---
    I toggled the setting again and restarted my computer and it is working properly now. This is a warning to people who updated that they may want to check to make sure it really is requesting your password immediately.

I suppose this is a bug?

2. Alrescha macrumors 68020

If it is unacceptable, go to System Preference/Security and change the Require Password timer to something that *is* acceptable.

A.

3. Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

I had it set up, I always have. The system wasn't adhering to it.

4. Alrescha macrumors 68020

Alas, you neglected to mention that part. Professor Trelawney always gave me failing marks for clairvoyance.

A.

5. TAKAYUKI macrumors newbie

TAKAYUKI

Do you have any Configuration Profiles loaded to your Mac currently? The Login Window payload of a Configuration Profile may cause this issue.

6. Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

I do not, it is a newly restored system. I think it was just a bug and seems to be working now. It was just something one should be cautious of if they take their computer out of the house.