Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

internetrando

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2018
Texas
Before, with HS, I wiped my HD and encrypted it with a disk password. When I set up the computer, I used a separate password for the user account, and did not allow that account to unlock the disk. At start-up I would have to authenticate both passwords to first access the disk, and then access the account.

With the release of Mojave, as I do with every major release, I wiped the laptop completely. I reformatted it as an encrypted drive, with a disk password. When setting up the computer, I enter a separate password for the account, but I cannot disable the account from being used to unlock the disk. Now at start-up I only need the user account password to both unlock the disk and open the account. It does randomly ask me for the disk password when making changes to settings, but what the hell good does that do me?

How do I change this to behave like the older versions is Mac OS? Or should I just downgrade and keep my security blankets?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.