Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Hello,

I was wondering if there is any tweak or app that would add some kind of "end all" option to the multitasking tray. I'm kind of tired individually tapping tons of apps.

Thanks,

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Wow! That looks just like what I was searching for. Thanks!

Dizle

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
The Beach
SwitcherPlus is an app that allows more customization of the app switcher bar including ending all apps running with two taps once the task bar is open. Its free

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
does clearing the multitask tray have any benifits to RAM or battery life?

or is it just some people like a empty tray

A little bit of all three. Definitely clears up RAM. Battery life I'm guessing is "improved" since some apps aren't running in the background. And some people, like me, just want an empty tray.

MiRod407

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
does clearing the multitask tray have any benifits to RAM or battery life?

or is it just some people like a empty tray
The phone already manages the RAM usuage efficiently w/o having to remove any apps from the tray. Also, most apps don't really run in the background, unless they're music/radio apps.

I think its just a personal preference.

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
A little bit of all three. Definitely clears up RAM. Battery life I'm guessing is "improved" since some apps aren't running in the background. And some people, like me, just want an empty tray.

That's why I wanted it. I'm a little OCD and need my tray to be clear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.