End And Home Button On Pc = What On A Mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shauna1983, Dec 28, 2007.

  1. shauna1983 macrumors newbie

    Nov 30, 2007
    I just got my macbook a few days ago.....Does anyone know if there is an "end" feature or a "home" feature on macs?? It's kind of annoying to not be able to just hit a button to get to the end or beginning of a line while typing. Nothing major, but it would help if I knew where it was if there is one. Thanks!! Also, what does the FN button do in the lower left hand corner on the keyboard? :confused:
  2. psychofreak Retired


    May 16, 2006
    Command+left/right arrow

    fn does different things in different situations, but for example fn+a volume key does not change the volume, but acts as the F key it is :)
  3. shauna1983 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Nov 30, 2007
    Ok, thank you! Do you know if there is an "end" feature like on PCs?
  4. theman macrumors 6502a

    Jul 26, 2007
    command+left arrow is home

    command+right arrow is end

    On my MBP it says that on the keys.
  5. shauna1983 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Nov 30, 2007
    Ok it works! Thank you so much! Mine doesn't say that anywhere. I just have the basic macbook though. Thanks again!! :)
  6. vassillios macrumors 6502


    Feb 1, 2005
    A couple of years later and this thread is active again as I JUST finally saw this post....I've been trying to figure this out forever!
  7. grain macrumors newbie

    Apr 19, 2010
    Hamburg, DE
    Flipping up and down with three fingers on a multitouch trackpad also does the trick.
  8. awkwardpaws macrumors newbie

    Apr 26, 2010
    on that note - is there a standard finger movement to switch between tabs when browsing using safari/firefox? i just want switch tabs fast without having to click the actual tabs
  9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere


    May 16, 2008
    Picture 3.jpg
    Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts

    Safari 4 Trackpad Gestures

Share This Page