Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daonesteven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Does anyone know if there's a way to scroll to the very end of a word document, like the "end" button on PCs? I think my black macbook used to be able to do it when I pressed some combination of buttons that said it on the keyboard but on the 11" mba, it doesn't seem to say?

bill-p

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2011
Command + Arrow keys:

Up: go to top of page
Down: go to bottom of page
Left: before first character of current line
Right: after last character of current line

There wasn't enough space on the arrow keys to print all of those characters, I'd think.

daonesteven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Baltimore, MD
My Command + Left and Right do what it says. Command + Up and Down do not, it acts as if the command button wasn't even pressed, line by line.

My Fn + Up and Down, however, seem to do page up and page down, which is the best thing I've got I think. Fn + Left and Right behave the same Command, goes to the end of line, etc.

Though my Fn + Left and Right does Home and End on Chrome...hmmm

----------

Command-fn-right arrow = end of document
Command-fn-left arrow = beginning of document

That doesn't work on mine.

spoke too soon, thanks!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
They must have changed it for the Airs because on my MacBook in Safari Cmd+Up and Down is top of site and bottom of site while fn+Cmd+Up and Down is page up and down.
That's still the same, but the OP wasn't asking about Safari:
Does anyone know if there's a way to scroll to the very end of a word document, like the "end" button on PCs? I think my black macbook used to be able to do it when I pressed some combination of buttons that said it on the keyboard but on the 11" mba, it doesn't seem to say?
The keyboard shortcuts are a function of the OS or the app, so they shouldn't change from one Mac model to the other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.