End of my tether with Apple. Totally stupid!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Macs4u, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Macs4u macrumors 6502

I have never known such a backwards company. I am subscribed to 50gb iCloud and with all my photos I have approx 10gb left. Been out today to Snowdon mountain (had no signal) and took approx 50 photos. Got home (where I do have signal and wifi) and its syncd approx 10 of the 50 photos. Tried everything and double checked my settings and still will not upload them all to iCloud. Read on a forum to untick iCloud photo library in the photos app on the Mac and then tick it again to force a sync. Done that and Apple now kindly say to use iCloud photo library it will now tip me over my 10gb left as I have 23gb of photos in my iCloud library. YES APPLE , BUT 22.9GB ARE ALREADY UP THERE IN YOUR CLOUD!!!!!!!!! I have had to pay extra to move up tot he 200gb iCloud limit now to get the tick to stay and guess what... APPLE IS UPLOADING 23GB OF MY PHOTOS TO ICLOUD. I ALREADY HAVE 22.9GB UP THERE APPLE AND JUST WANT THE LAST F*****G 40 PHOTOS THAT YOU MISSED OFF THE LATEST SYNC.

Absolutely at the end of my tether with Apple. At Snowdon today I had at least a dozen times where the camera app had frozen and just locked up. Locked up in an iPhone 7 Plus 256GB , yes nearly a £1000 phone and my Mac mini i7 at home that has 16Gb ram and 512GB SSD which is another £1000. Thats £2000 of equipment that can't do a simple task of taking photos and syncing them to the cloud.

Tim Cook needs bloody sacking. Apple has gone down hill massively.

2. dennysanders macrumors 6502

dennysanders

my photos sync great with icloud photo library

3. Macs4u thread starter macrumors 6502

Must be my cheap phone and cheap Mac then

4. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

"Person A: I have a problem with X.

Person B: X works fine for me."

This is not going to help him in any way, why even answer?

To OP: Before turning off icloud photo and then back on, did you try other things? Like resetting your phone or quitting the app completely and restart it? If something like that happen again, maybe try calling Apple? I personnaly use and prefer Google photos for stuff like this, because you can "force" a sync if needs be.

5. Macs4u thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly with the Person A and Person B thing. Some people just like to say that stuff to be stupid. I tried resetting my phone , tried a few things. Its now uploading 23gb of photos that are already there and the used space in iCloud isn't going up so Apple know there photos are already there but still making me wait hours now whilst it "uploads" 23gb of nothing. Just fed up with the bugs. Apple and its operating systems are just full of bugs. My brothers Windows 10 computer and android phone seem bulletproof by comparison and cost half.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 27, 2016 ---
    I think I will keep the iPhone 7 plus if the camera bug goes but may move over totally to google services as I can never remember having these issues when I had an android phone and used google services (old phone was Samsung galaxy s7 edge)

6. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

I understand your frustration :/

About the 23GB uploading, and your used space not fixing itself, I really suggest calling apple; you shouldn't have to pay for the higher tier (200GB) because of a bug in an app :(

7. Macs4u thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I have already upgraded to it but as soon as its worked itself over night I will be dropping and if it doesn't work itself out I will be calling Apple tomorrow morning anyway to drop it down to free and getting a refund on this new package as I shouldn't have to do that. Been on a mountain all day and taken some decent pics and to have this hassle when I get back goes against this "Apple, it just works" philosophy.

8. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I'm confused. It indeed will throw a warning if it thinks you'll run out of space, but when it starts uploading and deduplicating, the sync will finish fine since the stuff you already uploaded won't be uploaded again.

I went through this when I had to turn off and back on iCloud Photo Library because of an authentication issue. It said I didn't have space, but the sync finished without issue (even though it took hours overnight)

9. Macs4u thread starter macrumors 6502

It wouldn't allo
    It wouldn't allow me to tick it without upgrading my plan.