End of Patience with Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ds111, Feb 20, 2010.

1. ds111 macrumors member

Hello.

I've had a terrible experience with Apple support.

I had an old, old iPhone 2G whose battery, on a good day, would last about 3-4 hours without use at all. I paid $80 for the replacement and got a brand new iPhone 2G.

That iPhone would consistently drop calls (in areas of full bars), it would quit out of apps randomly (like SMS and Camera) and would pretty much go to sleep at random intervals. I got it replaced.

The replaced version of the replacement (lol) had these issues: it would freeze, overheat, and also had difficulty sending a text messages. It also had a dead pixel. I got it replaced.

The replacement of the replaced version of the replacement :)eek:) is now in my hands. This one, the touch screen will stop working randomly and I have to click the Sleep/Wake button twice, (to turn it on and off again), re-enter my passcode, and start working from there again. It also has slight heating issues, not nearly as severe as the previous one.

I am at the last leg of my patience with Apple.
    I am going there tomorrow and am demanding a new iPhone 3GS for all this trouble or an $80 refund.

Can anyone tell me if this is what will happen, or what they will do? If they offer to replace it AGAIN with a 2G, I will not accept that at all.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yeah, good luck with that :D
    Most likelly they will offer you another replacement or an $80 credit if you're lucky.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

If you're nice, pleasant, and not grrr, you'll likely get on the better side of the genius/other helping you out. You want the most you can get right?

There are lists, googleable, about defects etc that warrant a swap out. If they're unlikely to have 3G left, you never know...

4. mac88 macrumors 6502

Go in and state the issues that you have been having. I'm sure they would be willing to accommodate you. I wouldn't leave without a new phone and/or a rebate for your troubles though. Good luck.

5. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

from my exp. dealing with apple store always try to resolve with the genius if all else fails ask for a manager ..but i doubt they will give you a 3gs more likely to get maybe some sort of credit,