Ended up with 2 $199 iPhones (6) from AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eminme2015, Aug 10, 2015.

1. eminme2015 macrumors newbie

Hoping someone can help, or has been in a similar situation?

I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data plan with FAN discount. I signed a new 2 year contract a few days ago and received an iPhone 6 space gray 16gb for $199. After reading the speculation surrounding the 6s having 2gb of ram, I decided I would return the 6 while it is still under the 14 day return period and wait the month until 6s is released. I started the return process through the return/exchange link in my original order confirmation email. The AT&T Premiere website emailed me that my exchange was confirmed and I'd be receiving my iPhone 6 16gb in a few days. 5 minutes later I receive a confirmation text that the order has been approved and I'll receive shipping notification soon. My bank account has been charged, AT&T doesn't know what happened but can't cancel Premier orders since they generate/ship so fast.

So now I have 2 16gb iPhone 6 both paid for - $199 each. Do I keep both of them and sell them and buy the 6s? Do I return them and go through the hassle of trying to get the $35 restock fee waived? The whole situation seems to be because of a Premiere return glitch, but no one at AT&T knows anything about it?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I would check you upgrade availability in a few weeks.

3. digitalcuriosity macrumors regular

Good Luck with AT&T.