Ended up with 2 Pre-Orders, Can I just Sell the 2nd?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abercrombie, Jun 16, 2010.

1. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

Hi All, in the pre-order fiasco of the 1st day (15th) I ended up with 2. I looked up to see if I can just return the other in store, but apparently I'd need to ship it back as the store is seen as a separate entity from online.

Will that cause any problems for me during activation?

Can I just sell the other and not go thru hassle of shipping and waiting weeks for return credit?

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Depends how you much you paid for the iphones? If it is full price, you can sell it easily. If not, at a discounted price, it is probably bind to your account alone with a contract. If that's the case, you should deal with ATT directly for a refund.

If you did paid full price, you can easily sell the second iphone in front of the ATT store for $50-$100 more on the 24th. I'm pretty sure the last person in line will take your offer. Bring a friend with you in case you get robbed. ;)

3. abercrombie thread starter macrumors regular

abercrombie

Both were discounted at $299, selecting the option to replace my current iPhone (3g).

4. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

5. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

Seeing as how the phone won't be shipped for at LEAST the next week or so, why don't you just contact AT&T and cancel the second order?

6. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

Once you activate the first phone, they will charge you the difference for the second phone.

7. motodroid macrumors newbie

Call them now, explain that during the fiasco, which I'm sure they know all about, you ended up with 2 preorders instead of 1.

8. aluren macrumors 65816

So how do you activate the second phone? If you sell it, then can the buyer get their own micro-sim card and activate it? I'm assuming that the iPhone 4's sim card is already assigned to your phone number.

Reason I ask is if someone can take advantage of this "glitch" and order 10 or even 100 iPhone 4's and flip it on eBay.... then that wouldn't be fair.

9. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

How could a phone that's sealed in box, say it's one you walked into and bought at an apple store, already be assigned to your phone #?

You would simply sell the second phone and when another person activates the phone AT&T will hit you with the difference.