Endless issue with iPhone 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fowwiee, Dec 21, 2016.

1. fowwiee macrumors newbie

I am running into endless issues with Apple on my iPhone 6S.

Since I bought my iPhone 6S last year, i have been experiencing random shut down. Been to the Apple Store and they claim everything is fine.

In Dec I saw the battery recall, checked that my SN fall within the recall range. So I booked an appointment to get my battery replaced.

Dec 03 went in Apple Store at the grove for the battery replacement (after an appointment) was told they are out of parts.

Dec 15 got a call from Apple telling me that the battery pack has arrived. Told I have 24 hours to bring my phone in or else the battery pack will be released to other customers. I was told I should expect to wait for an hour repair.

Dec 16 went in to Apple Store the grove for the repair. After waiting 3 hours the repair was finally done. But when I received my phone, the screen was cracked.

Dec 17 went back in... after checking numerous record, the manager finally proved that the crack was not there before the repair. Manager finally agreed to replace the screen

Dec 18 I discovered that my touchID button was not working (not registering finger print). At this point I am already in NYC for a work trip.

Dec 21 booked a genius appointment to report the Touch ID issue. Their machine found that the touchID is functioning correctly. Manager at Apple Store on west 14 st acknowledge the button isn't functioning and that it's related to the screen repair. But claim that they cannot be responsible for another store's repair.

Any idea what I can do next to get my phone repair?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Call AppleCare and explain your story or go back to the store that originally replaced the screen. Really the only thing you can do.

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

The Manager claiming they cannot be responsible for another Apple Store repair is a bit odd if you ask me. But then again, if the original store screwed up your screen repair, they should be on the hook for making it right. But I still would think the Manager would have done you a solid and made it right in his/her store.

Like @Mlrollin91 said, call up AppleCare and explain your situation in a calm manner. The times that I have called them when something was up with my iPhone, they ultimately made it right. If all else fails, go back to the original Apple Store that did the repair and speak to the Manager.