Endless problems trying to set up Mac G4 AGP for advanced Digital Audio

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by CGI-GUY, Jun 3, 2008.

1. CGI-GUY macrumors newbie

This thread is actually posted in full in another section, Apple Hardware --> mac pro/Power Mac. I didnt want to post a redundant thread here, I know thats not good netiquette. I had a hard time deciding which section to put it in. It is about digital audio, but more so about getting my Mac to work FOR digital audio. So Im putting this here to ask you mac digital audio experts to PLEASE look at my thread (of the same title) in the other section. I am desperate for help, please please please read the other thread and lend a helping hand if you are able.

Here is a direct link to the real thread....

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=5519982#post5519982

Thank you a million times over. I will be forever in your debt if you can help me.

2. junior macrumors 6502a

junior

MIDI driver:

I don't know if it'll work or not but try this:

Drag the installer onto your desktop first from the installer volume. Then rename it to something like 'MIDI Driver.pkg' and then install.
    See if that works.

3. CGI-GUY thread starter macrumors newbie

Unbelievable. *Rob kicks himself in the ass*

Dude, I could kiss you. (but dont get the wrong idea, haha). SO SIMPLE, YET SO EFFECTIVE. Ok, so ONE problem down! AWESOME!

THANK YOU TIMES TEN BILLION DUDE! :D;)

4. junior macrumors 6502a

junior

Glad I could help!
    It was actually a known issue back in the day.

As for your hard drive, as many others have suggested on the other thread, get a SATA card + a new HD (seagate's always been reliable for me) and stick your current drive into an external firewire drive case.

Hope it all works out for you.