Endless sync cycle

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tobefirst, Dec 28, 2007.

1. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

iTunes has been saying "Syncing 'iPhone'" for the last 10 minutes, which would be fine if I was syncing music or movies from this computer, but all I sync from this computer is photos (which I haven't added any), the address book, and iCal.

When I click on the cancel button or the eject button, it gives me the "Are you sure you want to eject?" prompt, but after I click yes, it beachballs. I pull the phone from the dock and the beachball continues. No information is synced to the phone.

The iPhone is on 1.1.1 and is jailbroken, but not unlocked. iTunes is on 7.4. I'm downloading 7.5 to see if it will fix it, but I'm not optimistic.

Has anyone else run into this problem before? How do I fix it (preferably without a restore/update- I like my apps)?

2. tobefirst thread starter macrumors 68040

tobefirst

My God, I'm an idiot. The culprit was a window, hiding underneath my browser, asking me which information (the iPhone's or the address book's) I'd like to use for a few contacts.

My stupidity rarely ceases to amaze me. :)

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

LOL. Good to hear you found the solution.

At least it's not the same question about activation and unlocking...
    (in that case, use the SEARCH function, the answers are usually in front of you).